Tuesday, November 24, 2009

How pissed off are you after the Senate voted this past Saturday on their version of the Health Care bill? Well, I am really pissed off! Moderate Dems my arse! I wrote the below letter and sent it to my two local newspapers - The Calvert Recorder and Calvert Independent. Let's see if they print it. In the meantime, here is the letter -

I hope the Representatives and Senators of Maryland and throughout the rest of America are happy. The Health Care bill from each respective chamber has now passed. The recent Senate vote does not fool me. Yes, I know it was only a vote to allow for debate. Yes, I have heard the lame rationales from various Senators that this does not mean they will vote for the bill when it actually comes up for a vote. Please, do not talk to me as if I am a fool. The Democrats resorted to bribery to get the votes in order to pass a bill that they exempt themselves from.
I suppose our Congress cannot help it. I can see where all of you – Republicans and Democrats – believe the American public to be foolish and stupid. On a daily basis, government - from the local level on up to the Federal behemoth - confronts the citizens with its inadequacy, incompetence, and stupidity. We – the citizens – have no one to blame but ourselves for letting Congress get by with this fiasco of a health care bill. We truly do get the government we deserve.
All an individual has to do is look at the universal health care of different nations in order to see it as an abysmal failure. However, that may be too difficult for the average citizen. If that is the case, then look within the United States. Tennessee –tried it and deserted it. Hawaii –tried it and deserted it. Look at Massachusetts and the troubles that state is having. If the citizen really wants to look at how bad government run health care is, look at the health care government provides to American Indians and to military veterans.
The Congress knows this even if the average citizen does not, counting on the average citizen to pay more attention to what passes for entertainment within their country than to what is happening to their country. Our Congress has fooled a great majority of this nation; however, there are those of us who you cannot fool. I am one of those and people like me are growing on a daily basis.
As an retired veteran of the United States Navy, I swore to defend this nation and the Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic. What this Congress attempts to do by forcing universal health care down the collective throat of the American public, is against the Constitution. That makes them domestic enemies.
In order to fight against this travesty, I have written and called the offices of my elected Representative and Senators numerous times. There are times I cannot get through due to other citizens attempting to make their voices heard. The times I do get through, I talk to aides who either pretend ignorance or are truly ignorant, seeming to have no knowledge of their boss’s intentions. Yet, even with the thousands of calls and letters the Congress receives against certain legislation, you continue to pass it, ignoring the will of the constituents you claim to represent.
Congressmen and Senators - let me remind you of some simple factual truths. One - we – the constituents, the citizens, the American public – do not work for you! You work for us! Yet, you continue to ignore the will of your constituents. Two - we demand you work within the confines of the United States Constitution. Again, you continue to ignore the Constitution and us. This will not stand.
I am not going to waste space by listing what is unconstitutional with either the Senate or House version of the health care bill. I will not waste time by listing what can truly make health care better. The Congress already knows this and they do not care. In order to make health care truly better would mean for the Congress to relinquish control. They will not do that. For the average citizen reading this letter, my advice is to get off your rear end and find out how this Congress is attempting to destroy this nation and take away your liberty.
This Congress ignores our phone calls, our letters, and our emails. Elected officials refuse to either hold town hall meetings or hold them in controlled environments. They use union thugs and goons at these town halls to intimidate concerned citizens. Be advised! I will work hard and continuously to see my elected officials voted out of office. If not this election, then the next one. I will write letters, make phone calls, and continually expose your corruption and cowardice to all within and without Maryland. Moreover, I am not alone. As I write this, there are millions of us mobilizing to see you and your ilk kicked out of Congress.
My advice – stand down and listen to the citizens. Stop trying to take away our liberty. Or be prepared to have us – the citizens – make you stand down by electing you out of office.

1 comment:

Steve said...

This is an update on my post. The Calvert Independent printed this letter in their December 2 edition. The Calvert Recorder - which comes out on Wednesdays and Fridays - did not print the letter. I will call them and ask why not.

Powered By Blogger