Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Text of H.R. 45: Blair Holt's Firearm Licensing and Record of Sale Act of 2009

I received this in an email today -

This is the Blair Holt Firearm Licensing & Record of Sale Act of 2009....

We just learned yesterday about this on the Peter Boyle's radio program.

Even gun shop owners didn't know about this because it is flying under the radar.

To find out about this - go to any government website and type in HR 45 or Google HR 45 Blair Holt Firearm Licensing & Record of Sales Act of 2009. You will get all the information.

Basically this would make it illegal to own a firearm - any rifle with a clip or ANY pistol unless:
It is registered

You are fingerprinted
You supply a current Driver's License
You supply your Social Security #
You will submit to a physical & mental evaluation at any time of their choosing

Each update - change or ownership through private or public sale must be reported and costs $25 - Failure to do so you automatically lose the right to own a firearm and are subject up to a year in jail.

There is a child provision clause on page 16 section 305 stating a child-access provision. Gun must be locked and inaccessible to any child under 18.

They would have the right to come and inspect that you are storing your gun safely away from accessibility to children and fine is punishable for up to 5 yrs. in prison.

Now, I get a lot of emails along this line and even though this is rated true by Snopes.com, I decided to do some independent checking. Govtrack.us will provide all the information you need.

My email said to send this to all the hunters I know. Why do people have the misconception that the 2nd Amendment protects the rights of hunters. The 2nd Amendment protects the citizens of the United States against their own government!

Please pass this along. Call your Reps to kill this bill.

2 comments:

Chris K said...

"Why do people have the misconception that the 2nd Amendment protects the rights of hunters. (? ) "

Most know the difference, but in reference to the email suggestion, most, if not all, hunters are gun owners. Which is why it is important to notify all hunters that there is a nasty Licensing and Record of Sale being proposed to further encroach on their privacy.

Steve said...

Chris K - don't know who you are but thanks for commenting.
I tend to disagree with you. I don't think most citizens know the difference. I use to belong to NRA but let my membership lapse because they never stressed the 2nd Amendment. Got a call a few years ago from some young woman asking me to renew my NRA membership. I said I would if she could tell me the purpose of the 2nd Amendment. She could not. I told her when the NRA can tell me the purpose of the 2nd Amendment, please give me a call back and I'll rejoin. So far, I have not heard from the NRA.
I will say it again - the purpose of the 2nd Amendment is for the citizens to protect themselves from their own government. People need to know that - especially now!

Powered By Blogger